Thursday, March 8, 2018

One feminist step forward, ten million steps backward...

So this just happened

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/07/nyregion/yale-student-not-guilty-saifullah-khan.html

Yes, a former Yale student was found not guilty of rape by slut-shaming the victim. It still works, this defense, "She was asking for it." In this age of #MeToo and #TimesUp, men are found not guilty of sexual assault because a woman was wearing a sexy kitten outfit and used provocative emojis when texting.

She was unconscious during much of the attack. But she consented to sex. Sure.

Again, for understanding consent in a more jovial way, check out this video.

I'm just so flipping mad I can hardly stand it. 

I'm just so mad. And I'm so tired of being angry, as I'm sure many women are too.

What can we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment